Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Day 3, The end of our story.



I had come to the edge of the world where I knew not what else laid in store for me. The adventure I had for the last three days led me to a moment like this, the people I met along the way were fantastic and I won't soon forget. I've cherished you all and Kits thank you most of all for the wicker picker. (For a nomad it's the best item ever) Some say my end was dumb or premature but please indulge me when I say it was anything but.



All good things come to an end, sometimes faster than others and as I stared at the way the world was changing and rapidly I knew that if there was any chance for glory it wouldn't be in glorious war with my axe in hand. No this was too much to compete with. I needed to make my stand for what I believed in now not after enough LP ticked over. I needed to show the world that adventure starts when you decide it's the right time. My time was now.




As I approached the whirlpool I had two Choices. Do I turn around? Or has my life up until this point led to this. Like staring into the black hole, what would the cost be to find out what was on the other side? A carrier pigeon from some of my friends came to tell me that what I was doing was suicide that this was a stupid move. My chances of surviving on my little dugout boat would be slim at best. But that's what seperates me from the rest. I crumpled up the paper and I rowed in. I wanted to know and I wanted to see if the gods had something greater for me.




As the small boat thrashed under the big waves and cracked apart I watched the dreaded Leviathan's wicked tentacles wrap around and splinter the wood apart. I don't know what took me first the water into my lungs or the monster of my nightmares..Or maybe Dreams? The Glory went to the Sea this time. But i'm hoping that in a small way that glory will live on in all of you. Be brave hearthlings and always remember you come from a long line of heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment